Airport extreme with xbox 360 wirless help!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jfresh48, Aug 14, 2006.

1. jfresh48 macrumors newbie

jfresh48

alright, so i really need help on this
    its been bugging me for over two weeks now.

so i recently bought a xbox 360 and a wirless adapter to connect to my home network.
    at home i have an airport extreme router connecting to my modem and is supplying internet to 3 other computers. it is using DHCP and it is a WEP network.. pretty simple.

now i'm not a network wiz, so this is what stumps me...
    when i start up my 360, and go into my network settings, it picks up my aiport network.. all good right?... so i go in, and enter my WEP password. it does a check, but cannot connect to my network. its a X: 8000 - 0011 error if that helps. i have no clue how to get it to work, no one with mac help lines or microsoft could help.

ANY info would be greatly appreciated, thanx!!!

2. Electro Funk macrumors 65816

Electro Funk

what kind of wireless adapter did you buy for the 360? the one made by microsoft specifically for the 360 or a 3rd party one?

3. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

SuperCompu2

i doubt this because its an APE base station, but do you only have B signal enabled? if so the G adapter will not connect to it

4. jfresh48 thread starter macrumors newbie

jfresh48

its the microsoft network adapter, its compatible with all siglnals,
    802.11 g b and a or whatever its called, right now i have them both set at G

5. LillieDesigns macrumors 6502

LillieDesigns

I'm going to be vague because I forget a lot of the new technical terms, but I hope this helps...

I just bought a Belkin Wireless N1 router and set up security. When I went to use my 360 it would not connect so I called the Microsoft 1-800 number and they told me that the newer security isn't compatible with the 360. So I'm not up to date on the wireless security jargone, but the newer security (the kind where you type in a phrase as your passcode) isn't compatible with the 360. I used a simpler form of security and it began working fine once i entered my info on the 360. I'm sorry i don't know the different names, but I used the 10 digit passcode on my router.

Hope this helps, sorry about being vague...you can always call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX