Airport Extreme won't print! Please help!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by umdjb, Feb 4, 2007.

1. umdjb macrumors regular

Hey everyone,

I just purchased the new Airport Extreme Base Station. I was able to set it up and get the wireless to work. However, when I plug in my usb printer it wont print. It recongizes the printer is connected using bonjour but I get an error message that looks like the image attached to this post when I delete the printer and try to add it. I know its not the printer because that works when plugged directly to the computer. Also the Airport base station will recognize my external USB hard drive plugged in directly to the base station and through a hub

Any help please. I do not want to return this!

Attached Files:

2. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

3. umdjb thread starter macrumors regular

The printer does show up and says that it is connected by Bonjour when plugged into the airport. However, when I try to print a document the printer starts up and initializes but then "stops the job"

4. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

Have you tried to reboot the printer?

5. umdjb thread starter macrumors regular

Just called AppleCare they said the problem was on HP's end, which is ridiculous because the computer works when plugged in to the computer. There is no signal from Airport to the printer. I think I am just going to return this, its not worth the trouble because now HP will charge me to troubleshoot this and I dont want to get another printer.

6. Reflow macrumors 68000

Reflow

If that's what they say I guess the Airport Base is bad

7. bigben334 macrumors regular

I Have The Solution.

its a driver problem..i had the same exact problem, same error message and i fixed it...go to ur printer's website, and find a driver...i have a hp psc 1315, and it worked for me..good luck!

8. biturbomunkie macrumors 6502a

does the a/p extreme support your printer? i know my a/p express doesn't support all-in-one HPs w/o foomatic hpijs.

9. Martin. macrumors member

wait, what were you printing, cause this happened to me last night, if you are printing something with a custom paper size that might be it if not, its probably the driver

10. danielsan26 macrumors regular

Had a similar problem, ran the HP universal binary driver update and restarted the AX from the admin utility, removed and added the printer, and all was restored.

11. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

I have a PSC 1215 and mine isn't working also. Can i ask what driver or software you specifically installed?. In other words how did you get yours to work?

12. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

I'm waiting for a call back from Apple in Cork at the moment, because every time I plug in my USB HD with printer connected, my Airport network disappears. There are definitely a couple of kinks to be ironed out still with this thing.

13. Tymmz macrumors 65816

Tymmz

looks like a driver problem.

i had a similar problem with an epson printer. i just followed the driver install instructions and it worked. i had to be logged in as an admin.