Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
Oh, Wireless distribution system (thanks wikipedia:p ). I thought you meant a standard wireless router. I guess that makes more sense. Is this something that Apple stated during the demo?
No, but it would stand to reason since the Airport Express and Extreme already support WDS for range extension.

B

Evangelion

macrumors 68040
Jan 10, 2005
PS- Intel announced the new Quad Core chips today http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20070108-8572.html One day before Jobs keynote. Chance? I think not. :D

First: They were propably released at CES, so there's no relation to MacWorld as swuch, other than the fact that CES and MacWorld take place at the same time.

Second: That quad-core CPU is a Conroe. Apple does not use Conroe. Apple uses Xeons is MacPro, and quad-Xeons were announced last year.

gerrycurl

macrumors newbie
Jun 3, 2004
802.11n standardized yet?

is it official? if not, when will it become a standard? i hated buying pre-standard crap for 802.11g, boy was that a big mistake. firmware upgrades didn't help, i just ended up buying a 802.11g compliant card after the standard was ratified. my advice is to not buy pre-standard ****.

emotion

macrumors 68040
Mar 29, 2004
Manchester, UK
is it official? if not, when will it become a standard? i hated buying pre-standard crap for 802.11g, boy was that a big mistake. firmware upgrades didn't help, i just ended up buying a 802.11g compliant card after the standard was ratified. my advice is to not buy pre-standard ****.

Too late, there's thousands of us out here with new Apple machines equipped this way :)

SplinterCell

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2006

Among other rumors floating around the mill looking forward to tomorrow's Keynote Speech, minor details have emerged about upcoming use of 802.11n wireless networking. Found in the MacWorld Conference & Expo PI: Advanced Wireless outlook, the description starts with: Apple has been rumored to be including the faster "n" soon-to-be standard (up to 600 mb/s), with recent curiosities of the protocol showing up in the latestiMac, MacBook Pro and most recently MacBooks.

Readers also note the recent lack of any availability of Airport base stations on Apple's website, with a refresh to the base station rumored as recently as September of 2006.

Hey I have one of the new cd2 macbook pro's, is there a way I can tell if I have the 802.11n wireless card pre-installed?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.