Airport Extress With Airtunes and iPhoto & PDA setup Guide

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by marknicholls, Jan 15, 2005.

1. marknicholls macrumors 6502

So many people ask if they can see how easy it is to have a wireless music system setup, so i have decided to create a small guide on how easy....and how great it is when its up and running

I have never created a website before, and i cant seem to go into detail as there is not enough room to type, if anyone knows how to increase typing room please let me know so i can add proper detail.

Hope this helps

http://homepage.mac.com/mnichollsuk/PhotoAlbum4.html

When you get your mac and Airport Express and have set the mac up, plug your Aiport express into a power adapter (and hook it up to your speakers or HIFI/DVD System) , and open Airport setup assistant, and follow the on screen instructions, give your Aiport Express a name, mine for example is "Lounge" as thats where it is plugged into.

You must have Aiport 4.7 installed on your mac and on the bottom right of your airtunes app, you will see a drop down menu, which give the option to play the music on your computer, or through your airport express, you can control your music via airtunes on your mac, or if you cant be botherd to walk into the next room (like me) you can control the music via most bluetooth enabled phones (limited functionality) or via a bluetooth PDA (providing your mac is bluetooth enabled)

I have chosen a PDA as i wanted to be able to have a seperate device rather than use my phone, although i was close to getting a Sony P800 phone just for airtunes use.

A small app must then be installed on your mac, and PDA called salling clicker (on most phones salling clicker does not have to be installed, it simply connects to the phones as an accessory)

http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/macosx/18500

And away you go!

2. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    nice pictures showing your set up :) at least all your wires are in one bunch!!!

3. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502

There all hidden behind the sofa :)

This setup is so so cheap for what it does, Aiport Express was £70 and my PDA was £70 and thats all it cost! I already has the mac and DVD 5.1

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Good effort and will be much easier to send someone to try.

Probably best to create an HTML file and upload that to .mac rather than trying to do it in a Photo Album format where there's always limited space.

Also - I'd do more on setting up the wireless music than how cool Sailing Clicker is, otherwise people may think that they need a Mac and a PDA to do it. I have AirTunes set up since I prefer the sound from the stereo to listening to it on the Powerbook speakers but I control it from the PB or from my mobile phone (SE k700)

Create something like a 'list of ingredients' and use the pics as illustration.

5. marknicholls thread starter macrumors 6502