Airport Fails When Using Phone Line

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by tikibangout, Nov 24, 2005.

1. tikibangout macrumors regular

tikibangout

Hi, I'm running on Verizon DSL on my iBook. The DSL line is seperate from my regular phone line, and the problem is, whenever someone calls on my regular phone line, my airport will go out, and it won't go back on until after ending a conversation. Its getting really annoying, and I can't seem to find the problem. Any help is great, thanks.

2. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

DO you have a cordless phone?

I have the same problem, I think it is because the phone and the router are operating at the same frequency.

Try changing the channel you airport is one, and or enabling Interference Robustness

3. Laser47 macrumors 6502a

Laser47

Are all your dsl filters installed?
    If youre using a cordless phone change the channel of the airport to somthing else.

4. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

If you have a corded phone or could borrow one - use that, just to see whether the same thing happens.

If it does still happen, then it's likely to be the telephone line or the ADSL filters - although you suggest they are seperate? Do you mean that the telephone is provided by one provider and the ADSL from another provider (it's usually still the same physical line).

If it doesn't happen, then could well be the wireless frequencies.

5. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I stopped using the cordless phones months ago. I now use the old fashioned corded phone (but the cord is so long that I can walk with my phone corner to coner in my apartment). I constantly get the interference when I am on the phone and it was very difficult to pin point the source of the interference. It can be neighbors' cordless phone, wireless network (mine or some else's in the neighborhood). Even though this is not what the original poster was looking for in an answer, the best solution is switch back to the corded phone. The cell phone does not cause the interference.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I think airport runs on 2.4 GHZ. I know we had to get a 5.8 ghz phone system because of interference. of course, you could always switch to 900 mhz, but what would be the fun in that?