Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Arran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Ever since I updated my airport devices to firmware 7.6.7 five days ago, Using Siri to control Philips Hue via the watch has been unbelievably reliable. Before it was hit and miss. (Miss, mostly, to be brutally honest.)

Now its fast and reliable. And it's been like that for five days. No more, "I couldn't get a response from your devices..."

Anyone else experiencing the same?

cyberdogl2

macrumors regular
Jan 6, 2003
kinda soon to tell for me but yes it's been hittin every time we'll see if it continues. I have a hue setup as well and someone's issue commands from apple watch

kepardue

macrumors 6502
Oct 28, 2006
Ever since I updated my airport devices to firmware 7.6.7 five days ago, Using Siri to control Philips Hue via the watch has been unbelievably reliable. Before it was hit and miss. (Miss, mostly, to be brutally honest.)

Now its fast and reliable. And it's been like that for five days. No more, "I couldn't get a response from your devices..."

Anyone else experiencing the same?

I've noticed a slight improvement with Siri performing individual tasks, but I still get timeouts when enabling scenes. Still, any improvement is a welcome one.

Arran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Still going strong here.

I really do feel it's improved the watches wifi connection. Before the upgrade, the watch would often spin its wheels when I asked Siri change the lights. iPhone Siri, OTOH, was always much more reliable (just not as convenient)

With this airport upgrade, watch Siri is now as reliable as iPhone Siri. I'm happy!

FreeState

macrumors 68000
Jun 24, 2004
San Diego, CA
I think there were a lot of under the hood improvements with Siri. Asking store hours now works for example (it use to say it could t tell you that information).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.