AirPort G3

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by alexshim, Oct 23, 2004.

1. alexshim macrumors newbie

Hi, I just got my hand on an Airport Card, yesterday I had the D-Link which crashed my computer so I decided to try the mac product. The problem now is that the Airport card can't see my network not any wirless network whereis the D-Link was able to see my network and my neighboor's network...

Am I doing something wrong? Not sure...

Anyways any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Did you plug-in the antenna into the AirPort Card? There should be a little plug in the end of the AirPort Card.

It should detect any network after the card is plugged in. Maybe the AirPort antenna's a not functioning properly.

3. alexshim thread starter macrumors newbie

brand new airport card tho..

weird, so it can't be because the router is not a mac router?

I have a netgrear ...

4. alexshim thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it to work, however only works for some reason close to the router... once I leave for about 2-3 meters, it stops working .....

So antena might be the fault?

5. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

Yes, thats probably a problem with the antenna's inside. I used to work in a school with a couple of iBooks and we had one that would only work if it was almost right next to the airport base station. Dunno whats involved in changing the antenna's. It sounds like something thats either not replaceable, or not very easily replaceable. I know the antennas go up near the top of the display on both sides on the iBook/PowerBook.