Airport help please.....

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by jbrown, Sep 6, 2004.

1. jbrown macrumors 6502a

jbrown

I seem to have lost all my airport reception ( sisce the last airport software upgrade I think )
    When I turn airport on in my menu bar, I just get the 4 signal lines all grey, and it wont see my network. I took it to my local coffee spot that has a wireless network I use and same thing -
    In the coffee shop I used Macstumbler to see if I could find anything, and it did find the network, but still all lines greyed out, and couldn't log in. I can't seem to see my home network at all.

Could the upgrade have messed with my system settings?

All help welcome :)

2. Porsche macrumors newbie

This may be obvious, and I apologize if it is: In the Airport menu (when you click on the four gray bars), have you selected the name of the network you wish to connect to in the drop-down?

I've made this mistake numerous times, believe it or not. :rolleyes:

3. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

Could your airport card be disconnected from the antenna?

4. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown

Please highlight any reason for my lack of AIRPORT - I don't mind having the obvious pointed out - its easy to overlook the basic things. But yes I have checked to select the network.

As for the antennae coming of the card - I don't know how to check this. I could do it on the Titanium Powerbook, but my new Aluminium PB seems more sealed.

5. bostonwhaler1 macrumors member

The Airport Extreme card in the Aluminum Powerbooks is located in the battery bay. Remove your battery, and you'll see a small door on the side of the bay. Open this small door to reveal the card and check your antenna connection there.

6. jbrown thread starter macrumors 6502a

jbrown