Airport Help???????

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Laure, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Laure macrumors member

I have an airport card installed on my iMac, but don't know how to use it. I got the imac as a spare computer on ebay and now I need to use it. When I go to internet connections and click on airport "jake" pops up. assuming this was an available network I click on it but it asks for a password. How do I find out what this password is? My father is wifi and has a router in the house is there any way for me to connect to that without airport? Help!!! I'm dying without my computer!

2. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

you need a password to connect to the network...ask your dad for the password he set for the WiFi connection...that should solve it or since you've a router, use an Ethernet cable if you don't want to use Airport...

err...;) :rolleyes:

3. yojitani macrumors 68000

yojitani

If you still are having problems, let us know what kind of router your father is using and what kind of security (128 WEP etc.).

yt

4. Laure thread starter macrumors member

I am still having issues. It is a Linksys router and I have the user name and password, but I don't know how to set it up to my mac.

5. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

System Preferences > Network > Airport > Assist me...

that should run down the steps for you i think...

or check Show Airport status in menu bar.
    Click the icon in your menu bar, Turn on Airport, wait and see if it finds a network, click on it and i assume it'll ask you to put in a password.
    Or Open Internet Connect and you can join a network as well...