Airport in Ad-hoc mode

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by MrArtic, Mar 21, 2003.

1. MrArtic macrumors newbie

Hi, i´m a complete newbie on Mac and OS X and i think this is a newbiequestion but here is my problem:

I have a LinuxRouter with a Orinoco Wavelancard, this card is running in Ad-Hoc/Peer2Peer mode. I use the Linuxrouter to get access to Internet and the only way for me to communicate with the Linuxrouter is when i on my PowerBook click on the AirPort Icon in the meny and select "Create Network" That will put the AirportCard in Ad-Hoc/Peer2Peer mode. This is fine with me exept that when i reboot the Powerbook, the "Create Network" setting is gone so i have to do the same procedure againt. My question is...Is there a way to always create network when i boot up my Powerbook?

Best Reagards
    /A

2. alset macrumors 65816

alset

Sorry to tell you this, but I haven't found a way to auto-start a network with my iBook and my tower. It's really frustrating. I thought about writing an AppleScript to do it for me, but I am not so well versed in AS, so I haven't wanted to take the time, yet.

***Any shareware developers who write an app to do this from the Sys Prefs will have my money!***

Dan

3. MrArtic thread starter macrumors newbie

It isnt really a big deal, but like you said its pretty frustrating that they left this part out of the network configuration.

4. alset macrumors 65816

alset

I'm still willing to pay for any app that can auto-start a network over Airport at system boot. Surely, someone wants to have a sure thing in the shareware market?

Maybe someone even knows how to do this from the Terminal (then I could run it as a script) or AppleScript?

Dan

5. timbloom macrumors 6502a

timbloom