Airport in my MBP driving me mad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mac-Addict, Mar 24, 2007.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

My macbook pro's airport just freezes after about 5 minutes after forcefully turning off and turning back on and when it comes back on I have to reconnect and the same things just repeats! Any help would be greatfuly appreciated.

Joe

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What sort of security do you have on the network? Maybe try turning it off for a while to see if the freezing still occurs. This isn't so much a solution as a means to find the source of the problem, by the way. I'm not expecting you to run 'round on an unprotected network long term. :)

3. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I was using WPA now I'm not it seems more smooth and staying at a steady signal. Thank you :D And no problem about having an open network I lived in a gated part of a road and my network barely reaches my garden.

Joe

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Okay, cool. If ever you feel the need to re-secure it, try WEP or MAC address filtering instead. :)

5. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

Its started again but its doing it less frequently. Could it be a damaged airport card?

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Possibly. Considering it's a relatively new machine, I'd take it back to Apple next time it's convenient. :)

7. dartzorichalcos macrumors 65816

dartzorichalcos