Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PSS4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
Good Morning
I was trying to install Airport last night on my 3 month old 15" Powerbook. When I got to the "choose destination," it offered only my harddrive> with seemingly plenty of available storage. When I highlighted it (the only choice) it said I couldn't choose it for some Inane reason. My only option was "Go Back" I felt like I was working on a Windows PC like I'm currently typing on. My DSL connection got me online immediately, yet when I plugged it into the Airport, it flashed Amber. My notebook worked flawlessly at my old apt. with the Owners Airport Extreme Setup. I typed "destination" in the help field> Nothing. Any thoughts? TIA

PSS4

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 25, 2005
mad jew said:
Do you have an administrator account?
An administrator Account? Well, not that I'm aware of. I have Optimum Online, a Powerbook, and the Airport Express....What/Where/How do I get, Why do I need an administrator Account? What is it....?
Sorry for my seeming ineptitude, I thought Wireless Internet was easy as having the Hardware and high speed internet access. Thanks

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
If yours is the only account on your computer then it is the administrator account. :)

However, go to the Utilities folder in your Applications folder and see if AirPort Setup Assistant is already there. If so, then plug the AirPort into the wall and run this app.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.