AirPort just blinking orange.....??

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by the Western zoo, May 27, 2006.

1. the Western zoo macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

Hey...

I recently bought a macbook and with it I bought an AirPort Express Base... The MacBook is running like a charm and so did the AirPort Express but then suddenly it disconnected from the internet and started blinking orange with its LED... I didn't do anything it just happened by it self and now I can't get it to connect to the internet again... have anyone got any idea what might be "wrong"?

2. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

1. Unplug and replug in the AirPort. Wait 1 minute.

2. Reset your modem, then do step 1 again.

3. Check AirPort Admin Utility in the Utilities folder. Make sure everything is set up to your specification in there.

The blinking orange light means that it doesn't have an internet/modem connection.

3. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

okay... hmm... I don't have a modem I just connect through a LAN-network... and what bothers me the most is that I got no problem when I just use the Ethernet-port on my mac...?

4. yankeefan24 macrumors 65816

yankeefan24

Make sure all the settings are correct in the Admin Utility.

5. cighh macrumors newbie

Can you talk to the "express" with the Airport admin utility?

Also change your ethernet cable - if you can.

It is likely set to dhcp - but may not be getting assigned an address from an upstream firewall (or router)

Describe the environment a little better - and one of us should be able to help.

6. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

I live at a dorm and the connection is just a plug in the wall... I've got no problems what so ever connecting to the internet when I use a cable!
    this morning I plugged my internet cable into the airport express and I was online cordless for about 15 - 30 min but then the connection from the airport express to the internet died... I then unplugged the ethernet cable from the airport at put it in my laptop and everything is honky dory...
    I have no problems running airtunes though it and I have checked and doubble checked all propperties for the airport express though the Airport tool in osx... I just can't figure it out!
    it seems like it's only able to connect to the internet when it has been unplugged and unpowered for some hours and then only for about 20 minuttes...
    do you think I should call up apple and have a talk with them? it's brand new and should be covered by the 90-days phone thingie - right?

edit: how would changing cables have any effect when it's working when plugged in to my mac?

7. the Western zoo thread starter macrumors 6502

the Western zoo

well now my airport express seems to have cured it self... it's been running all night and haven't lost the internet connection.....