Airport login problem

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by twopenn'orth, Jan 19, 2006.

1. twopenn'orth macrumors newbie

I have a Powerbook and use an airport extreme base to log onto the internet.
    To do this I open the Internet Connect icon and select the airport option and click onto the connect button once my wireless network has been found.
    This is fine when I want to log onto the internet.

My problem is that if my Wireless is ON at anytime, my laptop automatically try to log onto the internet even when I don't want to log on. Is this normal?? And should I just turn the wireless off to stop this.

Or is they some setting that will prevent my laptop logging onto the internet automatically. I can't find any setting options at the Airport Admin Utility application to stop this.

Thanks for any help.

2. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

I’m not at my Mac at the moment, but there’s definitely an option in the Admin Utility where you can set if Airport should stay always connected (or not). Just have a closer look or wait till somebody jumps in who knows the exact location.

Edit: I see that noone answered yet. As I'm home now I had a look and it can be found in the "Internet" section (at least in version 4.2).