AirPort My Pismo?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by drastik, Aug 9, 2002.

1. drastik macrumors 6502a

drastik

Does anyone know if I can put an airport card in my Pismo? Isn't their a mounting bracket and atenna or something internal that I don't have? If so, does anyone know of a pmcia wireless card, or better yet, a place to get OS X Drivers for a Lynksys card?

Please help me out.;)

2. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

yeah.. i too would be interested in drivers for a linksys card...

it would be really nice if i could use my dads pcmia linksys card with my pbg4 when traveling..

i think its soo cool that like tons of airportys around the us have free 802.11b access...

-f

3. drastik thread starter macrumors 6502a

drastik

I feel ya, I've got access to a couple of Linksys cards and A wireless hub plus two repeaters. I was putting a wireless network in my folks house. Its 11,000 square feet and they have seven PCs, hence the large amount of equipment. Anyway, It wouldn't work in all the rooms, and one of those was my step father's study (that was the important Room.) I got one of his (my step dads) tech guys from his company (Call Center Software, He's actually Met Steve Jobs!!!) and we went through everything we could think f and finnaly decided that the walls were to thick.

All this to say, I have some spare networking gear I'd like to use.

4. MacMaster macrumors 6502

Yes you can put an airport card in your pismo. Both for the 400 ,and the 500. They also have the PC card slots too. There is a site where you can download some OSX drivers for the 802.11b PC cards, but I can't remember them now...you might want to ask Ambitious lemon, he's the one that showed me them in the first place...

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It seems to me the Orinoco cards are compatible and were announced at the same time with Airport.

6. MacMaster macrumors 6502