Airport Network problems after OS X Update

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MacVault, Aug 27, 2006.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Jun 10, 2002
    Planet Earth
    I have two iBooks. I just installed the latest 10.4.7 updates and all other updates, such as security updates, quicktime, etc. Ever since this update, when I wake the iBooks from sleep the DCHP seems to fail renewal, or some TCP problem seems to exist for a minute or two. The iBooks both connect to the wireless network without a problem, but sites fail to load. The problem sometimes seems to go away if I "Turn AirPort Off" in the menu bar and then turn it back on. Any ideas? Is this a known issue with the latest OS X updates? Thanks.
  2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Weird. What sort of security do you have on your network? Have you tried resetting your router? :)
  3. erikamsterdam macrumors regular

Apr 21, 2006
    On my previous router I had problems like this after an update as well. Turned out it was the WPA security. When I used WEP it worked fine. Somehow it seems there are different implementations of WPA between the manufacturers. I know WEP is less secure, but it might be worth trying.
    I just bought an Airport Express and now life is sunny again with WPA2 :cool: