Airport not automatically connecting - SecTrustedApplicationCreateFromPath?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by adriantoll, May 6, 2006.

1. adriantoll macrumors member

Hiya

This isn't exactly a big problem, but it's enough of an annoyance given how easy everything else is with OS X...

When I log into my PB, it won't pick up my wireless network automatically, despite the fact that there's a password on it and it connects without a password dialogue box when selected from the Airport drop-down list. Is there an easy way to make it connect automatically?

Looking at the console, there's this line that's produced when I log in, which might point to a problem:

May 6 19:24:40 adrian-tolls-powerbook-g4-17 configd[36]: Error: SecTrustedApplicationCreateFromPath() returns 100002

Any ideas?

Thanks

Adrian

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

Delete your keychains (from Keychain Access - spotlight it).

3. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

Thanks - I tried that (I just deleted the keychain for the wireless network - I presume you didn't mean delete them all?) but no go - it's still greyed out when I log in.

Does that error from the console mean anything to you?

4. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

No, not really.

If you can, get closer to the access point and see if it automatically connects then.

5. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

I'm really close to the Airport Express - only about 5 metres - with line-of-sight and the Airport sign in the bar has all its bars showing, so I don't think it's the signal.

It's funny because it works at my sister's place with a British Telecom router, but not with this Airport Express. Ah. *light starts to dawn* Perhaps it's the Airport Express... Doh. I haven't installed the newest firmware because it won't work with my ADSL modem - that may well be what's causing it.

Well, thanks for letting me talk through my problem!

6. adriantoll thread starter macrumors member

Ho hum - spoke too soon.

Apple released a firmware update for Airport Express (6.3) which solved my compatibility problem with the ADSL modem (which in itself is good as I don't get the "newer version of firmware" message each time I use Airport Admin), but it doesn't seem to have cured the problem of connecting automatically to the network... Any other ideas?