Airport not picking up when it wakes up

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by fatties, Jul 7, 2006.

1. fatties macrumors regular

May 21, 2006
    i am sure this is on the forum... but i couldn't make sense of the aiport/ intel thread as it has all these complicated numbers on it, so sorry if this is the umpteenth time you have read a simlar post...

Anyways, my macbook has developed a bad habit of not picking up MY wifi signal in the last week. Everytime it wakes it it wants to jump onto a non password protected network, and I can only use my own if i redo the whole name of network/ password thing in internet connect.

is there a firmware for this? i am also hesitating to download 10.4.7 just incase everything gets worse.

Thanks a bunch!
  2. Phil A. Contributor

Phil A.

Apr 2, 2006
    Telford, UK
    I had issues with my MBP where it would automatically re-connect to a network with a hidden SSID after either sleeping or connecting to another one at a different location. 10.4.7 fixed it for me
  3. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Oct 28, 2003
    Philadelphia, PA
    I have a similar problem. We have an iBook and a Powerbook in our house, and neither will automatically jump on our wifi network, although both remember the password and everything just fine if you manually choose the network from the Airport list.

I am sure this situation, in my case, is tied to the fact that we have two Belkin routers broadcasting the same SSID (one is hooked up to our cable modem, and the other re-broadcasts the signal and extends the network further). This trouble started with the addition of the 2nd router, but manually selecting the network has never been too inconvenient, so I kind of ignore it.
  4. benthewraith macrumors 68040

May 27, 2006
    Miami, FL
    I have issues, it will get on the network, and say it's connected, but encounter DHCP errors for a few seconds. It takes the computer about 20 secs to get an IP address. Our DHCP sucks. :mad: