Airport Observation

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by dsnort, Jun 26, 2006.

1. dsnort macrumors 68000

dsnort

Mac newbie, and just wanted to know if anyone else has seen this. Recently switched to iMac intel core duo from M$ Machine. Loved it so much, went out and bought a Black MB for business. After several unsatisfactory experiences with wireless routers in the past, didn't expect much out of airport, but, found out that if I set up my Imac on a wireless network through Airport, and connected to MB, have much better signal than thru either Linksys or Dlink wireless router! And not just a reported signal, but functionality seems much better! I mean, is it just me, or does Apple do everything better? Just an observation.

2. SC68Cal macrumors 68000

I've had awful luck with my routers so far. Linksys reception is piss poor, and the NETGEAR absolutely refuses to route any traffic on the LAN, only allows outgoing traffic. It's awful.

3. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

You pay for what you get. But I think it is worth it. Saves so much time fighting with computer problems. I can't believe some of the things MS does.....

4. Makosuke macrumors 603

I've set up wireless routers before, and Linksys seems to be acceptable anyway, but I will agree that when it came to my home network, based on experience, I went with Airport. Sure, it's more expensive, but it was so easy to set up it was amazing, and so far has run flawlessly for a month of HEAVY network traffic.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Airport Observation

Is that anything like trainspotting?