Airport on Powerbook G4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by MasonMI, Sep 14, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

I have my Powerbook G4 connected to my wireless router for some reason when i move my Powerbook out of the same room as the router i only get 1 bar of connection and when im in the same room as the router i get full bars of connection, ive used other laptops and i've been able to get full bars in other rooms, any suggestions or changes i need to make to the airport settings? seems i can still get around on the internet just fine though i would think with full bars i would get a better connection speed?

2. macrumors Core

alphaod

You can can't do anything. The wireless on the Powerbooks just all suck.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

How about on the Macbook Pro's? Are the wireless about the same?

4. macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Hmmm....

The wireless on my MBP seems to perform about the same as I've experienced on about 3 PBG4s prior to that. I can't say that I've generally experienced connectivity issues that bad, though.

As I recall, the one instance I had poor connectivity (1 bar all the time) on Mac laptop was on my 12" PBG4 and it ended up being a loose antenna connection on the Airport card.

5. macrumors 68030

panzer06

That's interesting. What sort of router do you have?

I have this 12 in and it's on the 2nd floor and the Netgear N router is on the first floor and I have full strength. The router does have some range-boosting tech built-in, however, I am also able to access our work Cisco Wireless network w/o difficulty.

Cheers,

6. thread starter macrumors regular

My router is a netgear G router

7. macrumors Core

alphaod

I can get 70% signal on the MBP, but only 5% on the PB at the same distance. I guess the former is N based, but the PB reception is just pathetic!