Airport Printing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Muskie, Dec 14, 2003.

1. Muskie macrumors 6502

Muskie

I am running Panther on my G4. I have an Epson printer hooked up to my airport base-station down in the basement via USB. I've been doing projects for school in Quark 5, which I have to open in classic. I can't seem to figure out how to print in classic from my G4 to my epson in the basement. What I've been doing is putting the pieces on a zip and bringing them to my Mom's G3 (running classic) and printing them from the Xerox printer that she's hardwired to. It's somewhat of a pain, and the Xerox doesn't have the quiality my Epson does, not even color. I was wondering if there was a way for me to print from Quark 5 on my G4 down, via airport, to the Epson. Anyone got any ideas?

2. cumquat macrumors newbie

I also have problems:

PowerBookG4
    Newly installed 10.3
    Airport and USB to Epson 740
    Unable to print - other users on 10.2.6 can.
    Updates and Printer Steup Repair4.0 unable to help

Anyone have any advice,please?

3. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Muskie, I believe your problem is that wireless Airport printing requires 10.2.something. I think the minimum is 10.2.6, but I don't think you can print from classic through the AE. I haven't tried it myself though, so I can't guarantee that to you.

Also I have noticed with my wife's new iBook that she can sit on the couch and get an internet signal (which I can't with my crappy TiBook reception) but when she tries to print from there, it won't work. However, if she brings the computer closer (to around where I get reception) then it prints. Don't know if that is useful to anyone, but there it is.

Cumquat, when you open your AE Admin Utility, can you see the printer listed under USB Printer?

4. cumquat macrumors newbie

Thank you for the reply

Yes - the Airport USB printer connection looks correct and the printing panels appear and work through to the Print Centre panel and appear to be sending to the printer, ending up with the usual "no jobs" statement only the printer hasn't even blinked - my wife's iBook prints OK - as I did before 10.3.

(incidentally love the TiBook - hate the aerial reception!)

Any ideas please?