Airport Printing

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Cam59, Jun 26, 2004.

1. Cam59 macrumors member

May 15, 2004
    I am trying to set up my hp photosmart 7760 printer with the airport extreme base station. For some reason it will not work. The printer utility says I have my printer hooked up to the base station but says the drivers are not installed. It searches for the drivers and tells me it has found them. After that it tells me to reload my browser. What does this mean? I have installed the latest print drivers and I even hooked the printer up to the computer to make sure it worked. Any help or suggestions would be great. Thanks!
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    I also have this problem with my Canon i80. I have the drivers installed on all of my computers on the network, but the printer will not print unless connected directly to the computer. I have done everything I know to do and cannot figure it out. I got so frustrated that I just gave up. I have three printers connected to the network since I got it installed, with no problems. Now this. Hopefully someone will have an answer for us.
  3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Hmmm...the i80 ought to be Rendezvous compliant -- its not on Apple's list but its predecessor is. I didn't see any similar HP printers on the list but I don't know architecturally which other lines are closest to this printer.

Did you try this trick: