Airport Problem

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by spencecb, Feb 9, 2004.

1. spencecb macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    I have a Ti. PowerBook that has the original Airport system in it. Just recently it has been crapping out. It is very sporadic. The icon in the Menu Bar will go gray like the Airport is not receiving any signal, even though my apartment has a base station (its not an airport base station, rather a Lynksys one) and there are about 5 or 6 other networks around me at any given time. I was just wondering if anyone knew why this was happening. Some advice on how to fix this would be great....also, I am running 10.3.2
  2. varmit macrumors 68000

Aug 5, 2003
    start here

Have you opened your PB up and checked the airport card, checking to make sure everything is seated nicely.

Next, get KisMAC

Use this program to find all the wireless networks around you. What you want to know about them is the channel that they are running on. If you have the same channel as another it can cause problems. Look at what the networks are on around you, then change your router to be as far away from any of those channels.
  3. spencecb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Nov 20, 2003
    Yeah, I already checked the inside to see if it was connected good...and it was...I'll give that program a try. thanks...any other thoughts are still appreciated!