Airport Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dynamicd, Aug 30, 2004.

1. dynamicd macrumors 6502

What's up guys...I just installed a regular airport card yesterday into my 17" flatscreen iMac. It's the 1st gen of flatscreen imacs. I live in a fraternity house and am going off a wireless dsl signal from another guy's room about 30 ft away. Yesterday, I was getting a good signal and the internet was working fine. This morning, however, my internet was down but internet connect still says I'm getting either 3 bars out of 4 or a full signal. But I'm still not able to connect on-line. I have all the recent software updates and I've tried repairing permissions but with no luck. Hope someone can help or have a suggestion or two...thanks in advance.

2. osprey76 macrumors 6502

Are other computers still working using the wireless connection? If not, then the router could need a reset or the DSL connection is down. If so, have you tried restarting your computer?

Also, did anyone change the settings overnight?

3. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

What kind of router is it?

I get problems like this all the time on my Linksys B router, which usually results in a reset for the router. Also if he has cordless phones near it, definitely have him move those away from the router.

4. dynamicd thread starter macrumors 6502

I tried shutting down and restarting and that didn't help. I have this menu meters thing that shows my connection and it shows that my airport is active. It just won't let me connect. His room is locked right now so I can't get in there. But I'll try giving the restart a try and hopefully that works. It's an actiontec wireless dsl router.