Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Original poster
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
Macky-Mac said:
It's hard to see how it got scratched. Since you didn't see them handle it, it seems a little unfair to be blaming them.

It was perfect when I put it in the bin; of this I am sure. I took it out of the bin, put it in a secure case, and didn't touch it again until I saw the scratches later. Maybe you have another theory on who scratched it?

Anyway, does anyone know if that applesauce polish for ipods also works for macbooks? I'm tempted to try it...

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
jwkay said:
In Norway you're now required to put your laptop through on its own.
However, you do not have to take it out of its protective sleeve (eg Tucano Second Skin), and you place it in a plastic tray yourself. Have also been requested to do the same at Schipol (Amsterdam), and it was done in exactly the same way.

First time I experienced this, I asked if they also wanted my iPod through seperately. It's a hard drive with electronics attached after all. Nope, that wasn't necessary.

To be honest, I don't know why the want laptops on their own but not iPods, video cameras, portable DVD players etc...

Just goes to show how inconsistent things are. I live in Norway, fly a lot, and every single time the last year or so, I've had to take the laptop out of its sleeve and put it in a bin. Same thing in Finland, and in China.

And I agree, it's weird they don't want the iPod separate. :confused:

Kitrik

macrumors member
Apr 25, 2005
Minnesota
Same thing happened to me. Perfect Mabook before airport - HUGE scratch across the top after airport. I am thinking that it was those big rubber flaps on either end of the scanner that dragged against the top of it while it was alone... Kinda pissed - but it is only a computer and these things are notorious for scratching... can't get away from that.

generik

macrumors 601
Aug 5, 2005
Minitrue
If rubber scratches plastic perhaps Apple should use a tougher plastic. Seriously. Those things barely affect Dells I'd reckon.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.