Airport signal audible over speakers

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by sandman42, Mar 17, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

Oct 23, 2003
    I have Mac Mini that I've been using for about a month. I'm very happy with this computer, but I'm having a small problem: I have the computer connected to a set of JBL Creature speakers, and I can hear my wi-fi signal (Airport 802.11b) through the speakers.

It is very clearly the wi-fi that I'm hearing. It plainly comes on as soon as there's any wi-fi traffic and goes off when there isn't -- this computer uses wi-fi for internet and networking to my iBook. It sounds like a muted buzzing noise, not the kind of screeching that you hear with dial-up or with a fax machine.

It's an annoyance at worst, and I don't think I'm going to make an issue of it with Apple, but I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this, or better yet knows anything that can be done about it.
  2. macrumors 603

Sep 3, 2003
    North Carolina
    Have you tried the usual Airport tweaks? Changing the channel, using interference robustness, etc? Other than that I haven't got a clue. I certainly haven't ever experienced it (though I don't have external speakers).