AirPort Software 3.3

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by mxpiazza, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mxpiazza macrumors 6502a

mxpiazza

In your Software Update:

This software update provides improved AirPort wireless networking software, and is recommended for all users with an AirPort Extreme and AirPort enabled computer or an AirPort Extreme base station.

New AirPort Extreme Features

This software provides support for the Wi-Fi Protected Access™ (WPA) specification for the AirPort Extreme base station and AirPort Extreme and AirPort clients. Please see AirPort Help for more information on WPA. Also included in this release is v5.3 of the AirPort Extreme base station firmware. Instructions for updating the base station firmware can also be found in AirPort Help.

The AirPort Extreme base station and AirPort Extreme client are Wi-Fi Certified™ for 802.11b and 802.11g interoperability.

2. sandman42 macrumors 6502a

sandman42

So, I'm running an Airport-enabled computer and an Airport base station -- neither of which is 'Extreme'. Is this update meant for me too?

I think it is, but it's not really clear to me from the description in the update. Forgive the geek approach, but now matter how you do a Boolean parse of "is recommended for all users with an AirPort Extreme and AirPort enabled computer or an AirPort Extreme base station", it doesn't apply to me!