Airport status grey in G4

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by am1971, Jul 25, 2005.

1. am1971 macrumors member

Hi,

I've just installed an Airport card into a G4 450mhz powermac running 10.2.8.

In the menu bar at the top the airport status symbol is totally grey but when I click it it shows the various wifi networks in the vicinity including the one I'm running (which works fine because I'm posting this with my iBook using the connection).

When I choose my network it brings up the password box but when I enter the password it says there's an error joining the network. I've double/triple/quadruple checked the password so I know that's not the problem.

If I enter a bad password it tells me the password is incorrect but if I enter the correct password I get the 'error joining this network' message.

I'm not quite sure how to proceed with this so any advice would be be gratefully accepted.

Thanks

Edit: If I turn off the wpa-rsk password I can connect without any problem but the minute I set a password the same problem occurs. Even though I am 100% entering the right password it will not let me connect.

2. nokeeffe macrumors newbie

Airport password problems

I have the exact same problem, and was wondering if you managed to sort it out? If so, can you please let me know how?