Airport Utility changed all my IP addresses!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pgaiduk, Nov 29, 2012.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 9, 2010
    I added a ethernet connected Time Capsule to my existing Airport Extreme network and during the installation process to have the time capsule co-exist with my Airport Extreme I think the Airport Utility somehow changed all my IP addresses to the 192.168.xxxxx series where they used to all be the series.

I had to try a few times to get the setup to work and everything does except for the following issue.
    I have a couple static ip's set up for some network controlled A/V equipment and they now don't work or talk to my network.

I'm not sure what the utility changed to cause this. I only wanted the Time Capsule for wireless backup and not to be my "primary" network source.
    I remember some reference to NAT and a few other errors.
    At one point the Airport Utility rebooted my existing Airport Extreme to get the Time Capsule to work with it and I didn't expect that.
    I suspect thats where things changed.
    All my devices are in bridge mode, set to "create a wireless network" and hooked up to my U-Verse 2wire by ethernet.
    I'm not sure of the implications of screwing around with the address ranges.
    Should I try to change my static IP's to the series or try to get everything back to assigning the numbers?
    Easiest or best fix would be appreciated.