Airport & Windows?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by eclipse525, Dec 23, 2005.

1. eclipse525 macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

I have a friend who has two Mac's and two PC's(windows). The one Mac has Airport(Xtreme) hooked up and the other Mac picks it up no problem. Now, the two other PC's in the house see the network and connect to the network BUT it won't give/connect internet access. Strange. It see's and confirms the connection but then with in the message, it states that it's connect but you don't have internet access. Does anyone have any clues as to what's going on? I'm sure it's something silly. Thanks!

~e

2. elhefe macrumors newbie

is the base station an Airport unit or other

Just curious...

3. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Yes. The base station is Apple. The other Mac has an AirPort Card. The other two PC's are using Lynksys (Ext) Wireless Card.

4. iIra macrumors member

It's probably just a windoze problem. They really just don't know how to network.:rolleyes: Let me make sure I understand your setup. It sounds like you have the one mac hardwired to the internet and using its airport card to serve as the base station for the other computers. Is this right? Also do you have any kind of network security (WEP or WPA)?

5. eclipse525 thread starter macrumors 6502a

eclipse525

Yes, this is correct. Although, i did not check the security settings on the Windows side, which might be a possiblity.