Airport with Netgear DG834PN(HELP PLEASE)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TheComputerGuru, Oct 30, 2006.

1. TheComputerGuru macrumors newbie

I'm posting on behalf of a mate.They got a ibook with a Airport card in but can't seem to get the internet working. It connects to the Network what got Wireless Security (WPA-PSK). Any help on how to get it working would be great .

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

You need to re-explain your problem, because that isn't english.... :D Give us as many details about your problem and what you want to do as you can think of. We would be glad to help you with your issue.

Thanks!

3. TheComputerGuru thread starter macrumors newbie

They are stopping in a guest house with a Netgear DG834PN router with WPA- Pre Shared key on. They can connect to the network with there password and stuff. But when they start up Safari it comes up with Can not connect to server.

We Have try this iBook at a Wifi Hotspot and it work'd fine.

Thanks if you could please just email me with anwser at Thecomputerguru@hotmail.co.uk

4. TheComputerGuru thread starter macrumors newbie

5. frankblundt macrumors 65816

frankblundt

The network connection is there but the internet isn't? You could try checking the settings for Airport in System Preferences > Network:

What does it say in the Status section?
    Is it set to DHCP? What numbers is it giving you?
    Does this link to http://17.254.0.91/ work?
    Have you tried the "Assist me" wizard thing?

"It's not working" really isn't enough to go on..

6. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

What Version of the OS (Apple Menu==>About this Mac) are they running? WPA-PSK should work fine though. If the iBook works in hotspots it's possible the router isn't set up to give out IP addresses via DHCP.