Airport

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Seasought, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Seasought macrumors 65816

Seasought

Just looking for personal impressions and experiences with this. I wouldn't mind having it but in favor of cost (yet again, bleh) I'll probably invest in a slightly cheaper Netgear wireless router.

Unless I can find enough change under the couch of course.

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I have an airport express and I love it! It's awesome!

It's awesome for a travel router.

Eh, if you don't need AirTunes, and don't want to easily plug in and use a USB printer, go netgear.

Airport is awesome for the cost, IMO. Very much the easy with the usb printing setting up. I plug it in and BAM! working!

3. Bear macrumors G3

One of the benefits of the AirPort Extreme base station is the ability to plug a USB printer into it to be used by any computer on the LAN.

4. nsknike macrumors regular

I have a question about the airport extreme as well. I already own one but can't check this out seeing as its at my home but I'm in college right now. Is there a way that I can plug a printer and a scanner into it? Trying to go completely wireless when I get home. Thanks in advance.

5. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

6. nsknike macrumors regular

OK so i can't buy a thing that will make the one usb go into two and just plug them both in? There is actually software that tells if its a printer? Just trying to clarify. And thanks.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'm not sure of what it is, but I asked once, and it's printer-only.
    you CAN use it to charge your shuffle, though.
    *shrug*

8. SpaceMagic macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

I'm using an Airport Express here in University. It is fantastic as I get wireless to my connection from anywhere in my Dorm and I get wireless printing/wireless speakers.

If you just need one to route the internet and not printers/speakers then go with the netgear.

9. Seasought thread starter macrumors 65816

Seasought