AirportX External Antenna

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by skymaXimus, Apr 6, 2003.

1. skymaXimus macrumors regular

Does anyone know of an external antenna that you can use w/ your airport extream card? I'm not talking about the base station.
    thanks

2. Macpoops macrumors 6502

I would highly doubt something like this exists. This would involve a cable running out of the case from the card. In Desktops this might not be as big a problem but in laptops this would be a severe problem because the case would not close properly.

3. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

Patrick Norton from the screensavers made a cantenna for his iBook for his iBook so it is possible to hook up to regular airport. You would have to look on google to see what connetor type it is and then buy an adapter for that connector to and antenna

4. skymaXimus thread starter macrumors regular

just in case anyone else is interested ...
    I found these guys JAFA Tech that make all kinds of wireless networking stuff. The run regular eBay auctions. This is the antenna that I bought ... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...7631&ed=1050245642&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:US:3

On the 12" PowerBook the AE card is located under the battery. Without the battery installed the wire just fits into the card, no problem.