Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

afsimola

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 26, 2008
I have an Airport Express that I use as my main base station and have a sound system plugged into the audio jack. When I select "multiple speakers" and my network from the drop-down menu at the bottom of the iTunes window, I have about 10 seconds of music before I lose all connection to my network. My network does not appear in the Airport menu bar nor does the Express appear in Airport Utility.

This first started happening about a week ago, and basically had no internet connection. Most of the time I would get a connection that would die immediately followed by no connection for 10 seconds to several minutes, and this continued on. But Airtunes originally started acting weird a month or two ago. Occasionally there were short dropouts while playing music. I believe the dropouts were happening because someone was downloading something and/or because I only had the Airtunes network selected and not both the network and my computer under "multiple speakers."

As I was writing this, my connection dropped out again and it's obviously not because of the reason I stated above. But I have held pretty consistent connections since I turned off "multiple speakers" earlier today. I get 30 second dropouts but maybe once or twice an hour.

Any suggestions on what I should do to resolve this problem?

I am running iTunes 8.1.1, Airport Utility 5.4.1 and have

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.