airtunes sound quality/interference

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by tgt527, Apr 3, 2005.

1. tgt527 macrumors newbie

Hello,
    I have been enjoying airtunes on my altec lansing speakers with no sound quality issues. Today I connected the mini-to-rca adapter to my receiver and I've been hearing what sounds like radio or tv broadcast interference in the background (it's most noticeable in the brief silences between songs). I used gold-plated extension cables and couplers. Has anyone else experienced this problem? I'd appreciate your insight.
    Thanks...

2. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

never had that problem before , 1 of my airport expreses is next to my tv sat and dvd rw an i have no probs at all .

only prob could come from microwave ovens ! which i doubt you have near your express so i would call apple for a replacement asap

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

I've had that problem, but only with bad receivers (even one without a tuner anywhere near it) which on rare occasions may pick up radiosignals... never had a problem with my Airport Express and ONKYO receiver, though...

I would try another receiver (or even another port on the receiver) before blaiming the AE... ;)

4. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Have you tried moving any of the components around? Do you live near a transmitter of some sort?

Want to build a Faraday cage to live in? :D

5. liketom macrumors 601

liketom

just had a go on my stereo tape deck/cd/radio put it on aux and crank the vol up and can hear the radio slightly! so must be a cheap audio deck he has ?

6. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine

or he/sh needs to get better shielded cable.

7. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

I'd bet it was the reciever as well... you could always bypass it by connecting some speakers directly to the express. I've noticed faint audio leaking through sources on my reciever, regardless of the express.

8. superbovine macrumors 68030

superbovine