AIX for an Apple Network Server 700

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macs R Us, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Macs R Us macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    Where can the AIX be downladed or bought if still avalible?

Thanks!

2. slughead macrumors 68030

slughead

AHHAHAHHAHA!!!
    AH HAHAHAHHAHAH!!!
    *wheezing* ...
    HAHAHAHHAHA!

ok I'm done..

E-Bay?

I think it's free now so if you find it, you don't need a license.

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

4. Gyroscope macrumors regular

AIX won't run on your server. A/UX also won't because it does not support PPC, as it was runing on 68k machines.

How about Apple's MKLinux? You certainly would be able to install this one provided that you can still obtain a copy.

Does anybody remember MKLinux :) ?

Cheers

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Apple sold two AIX machines prior to the deal with NeXT.

6. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

You need to get out more. AU/X was Apple's port System V. Our favorite fruit company switched to AIX after it joined IBM and Motorola in the AIM alliance. Before making these kinds of comments in the future, you need to read this web page or this one, perhaps.

7. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

His point was that you implied AIX doesn't run on a Mac, when in fact it does, so you were wrong with your implication.

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You weren't the worst but being incorrect does have its drawbacks. ;) Don't say bad things about my Golf--I had two GTIs--there isn't enough difference. :D

Gyroscope was completely wrong about AIX on that machine and slughead did nothing but to increment his post count really.

9. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

I come at things this way: Macs R Us asked for help in his original post. He wanted to find a copy of AIX for his Network Server. You implied that the OS did not exist for his computer. You were wrong. You were more than wrong, you added to his confusion. When people take the time to ask for help on a serious issue, I think that it is encumbent on us to help him if we can. For me, I know where to find a lot of information. A lot of others here have first-hand knowledge or have better sources than I. We can post helpful information. If you don't have anything helpful to say, then don't say anything at all. It is simply not an excuse that you didn't have time do your research. You had time to make a misleading statement. You could have taken a little more time to get it right, or you could have saved everyone's time and kept quiet.

10. Macs R Us thread starter macrumors 6502

Here on My Mac(s) in my house in the USA!
    No luck yet I need to find AIX 4.1.4 or 4.1.5. I'm not sure if I can burn one to CD when I find one and if it will work on the 4X SCSI CD-Rom it has. Please let me know if any one finds it.

Thanks So Much!