1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Akai SynthStation49 iPad MIDI controller unveiled at NAMM 2011

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by OllyW, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Akai Professional have announced the SynthStation 49 for the iPad.

[​IMG]

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech...tation49-ipad-midi-controller-unveiled-358474

2. macrumors 6502a

That's pretty neat for individuals who use the iPad for music production. Is this also compatible with the iPhone/iPod Touch?

I'm glad to see Akai made sure to keep this useable as a regular MIDI controller. Any word on pricing? Hopefully it isn't outrageously overpriced just because it's "meant for iPad."

3. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

They already make a two octave MIDI keyboard for the iPhone and iPod touch which is reasonably priced (£74 in the UK). The iPad version is a lot better specified so I think it's going to be around £200+.

[​IMG]

4. macrumors 6502a

I've seen the iPhone version at Guitar Center (the largest US music retail store).

The new iPad version seems to be much more like a genuine MIDI controller as compared to the iPhone controller.

I have to agree with you on the approximate price of this particular model.

5. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Alesis have also announced the StudioDock MIDI dock for the iPad.

[​IMG]

6. macrumors 6502a

That's a really neat concept. Have you noticed an increase in quality music production software since Apple added extra MIDI functionality into iOS?

7. macrumors 6502a

Seamaster

Pity its only 49 keys. If it had been 61, I'd have been all over that like stink on a monkey.

8. Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Digital Village have priced it at £164.99, a bit cheaper than I expected. :)