al-Qaeda's Take on Bush & Kerry

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Durandal7, Jul 27, 2004.

1. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    One of the statements by extremists of both sides is that "al-Qaeda wants so-and-so to win the election." Left-wingers think that they want George Bush to win since he is a "poster boy for their cause." Right-wingers claim that they want John Kerry to win because "he will try to appease them."

I find both these claims absolutely repugnant.

The simple fact is that Jihadis hate both Democrats and Republicans and would gladly murder both Bush and Kerry if given the chance.

A site I often visit is dedicated to monitoring the web forums that the terrorists use. An article was posted today regarding al-Qaeda's online chatter about Bush & Kerry and I have decided to repost it here in the hopes of sinking this ridiculous arguement made by both sides.

2. Neserk macrumors 6502a

Jan 1, 2004
    Politics aside, good point. I'm thinking that they hate all Americans, regardless of political party.
  3. Perci Mac macrumors member

Feb 1, 2003
    In a state of perpetual waiting
    It's sad. Such reckless hate is something to worry about, for all Americans. Now the hate is spreading to anyone associated with America.
  4. letterbox macrumors regular

Apr 13, 2004
    Reckless? While hate of Americans may be widespread, is it not warranted?

I think there was a post on this board recently about why America is frowned upon in the rest of the world.

To quickly sum it up:

1. Unilateral actions even after opposed by the UN.
    2. Iraq.
    3. Israel.

Also, I don't know your stance on any of these issues, so please don't take it as a personal attack.

...and one more thing - there is plenty of the hate in the world and much of it comes from Americans and is directed at non-Americans, maybe the root of the evil is the evil itself.
  5. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    A follow-up to my original post. The article I posted mentioned an image that was posted in the Arabic forums. This is the image that the terrorists are posting on their websites:

Attached Files:

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    Anyone know what the script reads?

Isn't this a good sign for Kerry? I mean, so far, the GOP has pushed the logic that because the terrorists hate Bush for invading Iraq, they'd support Kerry, which of course means that terrorists and Kerry are two peas in a pod. Now we learn that Kerry is worthy of just as much, if not more fundamentalist hatred!
  7. themadchemist macrumors 68030

Jan 31, 2003
    Chi Town
  8. Durandal7 thread starter macrumors 68040

Feb 24, 2001
    I don't think this is good for anybody.
  9. Bobcat37 macrumors member

Jul 27, 2004
    Haha, Durandal, I agree...

It's like on of those "if hundreds of US Soldiers were killed in Iraq tomorrow, that would be good for John Kerry" kind of goods... It's unfortunate, but you all know it's completely true.

Casualties in Iraq = Bush takes the blame and Kerry looks like an even better alternative.
  10. Zaid macrumors 6502

Feb 17, 2003
    Very roughly translated (i've only got very basic arabic) it says

John Kerry stinks(?) (lit. he smells) . He is an enemy of the arabs.

Could someone who knows more arabic confirm the translation.