Al Queda in Iraq.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by g5man, Jan 23, 2004.

1. g5man macrumors newbie

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/01/23/sprj.nirq.main/index.html

This is only the beginning.

2. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Re: Al Queda in Iraq.

Only the beginning of Osama's lieutenants travelling to Iraq to attack US interests?

I have to say I agree.

Unless you were talking about a presence of Al Qaeda in Saddam's Iraq. Such a connection does not exist.

3. g5man thread starter macrumors newbie

Re: Re: Al Queda in Iraq.

No matter what info I give you, you will never believe it. And that is OK since you are too far gone to come around to REALITY.

The connection has been shown but the person has not been found yet. Please read the article before commenting.

4. toontra macrumors 6502

Re: Re: Re: Al Queda in Iraq.

OK. I read the article. There is nothing there to support your intentionally misleading statement that Al Queda was present and active in Iraq pre-war. What is your point, please?

5. denjeff macrumors member

As far as everyone in international politics believes (exept fot those who have a special agenda) Osama Bin Laden and Saddam were no friends. On the contrary.
    Saddam is a sunnite and Osama is a shi’ite. Compare it to catholics and protestants, but then everybody acts like in Northern Ireland. Saddam was known to be very aggressive against the shi'ite majority in his country. The moment the americans entered Iraq, a lot of shi'ite warriors took the opportunity to go to Iraq and fight for their believe. Now, because the americans are no good in maintaining order and peace, al queda is getting a strong basis in the shi'ite population. They want the americans out, and the civilians without a job (which are a lot) and without a perspective are easy persuaded to fight for al queda.
    If this situation continues, the USA will be responsible for an augmentation of islam fundamentalism, and maybe more terrorism. But hey, that 's a good thing for Bush, because (just like in Israel) people tend to vote for an aggressive approach in times of insecurity. While only education and a perspective of prosperity are a good way to undermine terrorism (in my point of view).

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

So what you're saying is that a guy connected to a guy connected to a group that may or may not have been connected to another group associated with the most wanted man in the world is proof that those two groups planned and worked together? Seems pretty thin to me.

And didn't we give Ansar-al-Islam air cover to oppose Saddam during the 'low-intensity' conflict pre-Dubya Dubya II?

Oh and it is pretty well known that there are al-Qaeda running around in, and indeed have been captured in America. I suppose we should take that as proof that there is a connection between GWB and al Qaeda?

From the article...

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

i seem to remember al qaeda being in the US. CLEARLY they were operating w/ the cooperation of the US gov't, so CLEARLY bush was in league w/ bin laden :rolleyes:

8. g5man thread starter macrumors newbie

Here this gives a little more info.
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20040123-115833-3850r.htm

9. g5man thread starter macrumors newbie

I know you are being sarcastic, but you do not understand Iraq.

When Saddam was in power, he had control over everything. This is what happens when dictators are in charge and they want to ensure their own survival.

Personally I don't think there are Al Queda here, but if I am wrong I think the Patriot Act will flush them out.:D

10. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

Like he had control over the Kurds in the north? Your short-sighted logic based on simple generalisations belies your lack of understanding of the situation.

You don't know if there are Al Qaeda here until something blows up.

The PATRIOT Acts have only flushed out our civil liberties.

11. g5man thread starter macrumors newbie

This is simple. If you had read up and listened to Powell back in January you should know that Al Queda connections were in Baghadad not in the North. There is a connection.

Do you know how many people are under survilance? Last I heard about 5000.

12. DavisBAnimal macrumors member

Didn't Powell just admit a couple of weeks ago that there wasn't any concrete evidence of a Saddam-Al Qaeda link?

13. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

He also just admitted that there may not have been WMD in Iraq.

But sanfelipe/Ovi/bond/g5man won't recognise that, because it goes against what he predicted. And we all know he's infalliable.

14. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

and just today...
    link