Alabama and Louisianna

Discussion in 'Community' started by bousozoku, Sep 15, 2004.

1. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I think it goes without saying that those of us in Floriduh know how you people feel right now.

I hope that you'll all be safe. Please be careful.

I haven't seen anything about those in Mississippi, Arkansas, or Texas but I would imagine you're going to get bits and pieces, so you should be careful too.

2. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

Anyone hear from anyone in Alabama, the Floriduh panhandle, or anywhere else affected?

I know that eyelikeart and Mudbug are okay and apparently, unaffected at all.

From the looks of what happened with hurricane Ivan, a lot of people are having trouble.

3. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I think about eyelikeart often, wonder how he is doing. He said that he was busy with projects. If you communicate with him please let him know that my thoughts are with him and hope that he returns soon.

This hurricane season has been a very active one, and no we have a 4th on the way and possibly the 5th. All our prayers are certainly with the victims and certainly MacRumors members.

4. bousozoku thread starter Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart is busy with business and that's a wonderful thing. I know he'd like to rest but it's a good thing for him. I'll let him know that you are thinking of him kindly.

5. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Thank you, I appreciate your kindness. If he has a chance, I would like to hear what he is up to at the moment. I think he has my E.Mail. ;)

6. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

Eyelikeart avoided Ivan by heading north to Little Rock for a few days with family and friends, and is back in The Big Easy now that the threat is gone.
    In Shreveport, we didn't even get a stiff breeze - let alone something that could knock over trees. My folks live in River Ridge (a suburb of N.O.) and live directly on the levee of the Mississippi near Lake Ponchatrain, and got no flooding, and no real damage more than a few small limbs in the yard. They were staying with me to be safe, anyway.

As for what Eye's been up to - he and a partner are currently putting together a magazine for the film and video industry in South Louisiana which is really becoming the Hollywood of the South. He's been quite busy with photoshoots, layouts, design work, and meetings with advertisers and clients. Things seem to be going well, even if he's run completely out of free time for the time being.

He and I talk quite often, even trying to meet up for drinks on more than one occasion when I head to New Orleans (which seems monthly as of late). I'll pass along that you were inquiring about him, wdlove. :)