1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

Alabama University Shooting

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by jav6454, Feb 12, 2010.

1. macrumors G5

jav6454

2. JNB
    macrumors 604

JNB

That's one of my clients, was just there a few months ago.

A little weird, all things considered. This appeared to be over tenure? Geez…

3. macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

There are several other articles floating about that were discussing how she liked to voice her discontent at the university administrators for various reasons.

Still, since she's a woman, I expect some psych defense to come up in fairly short order.

4. macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Also, as it turns out, she also killed her brother in MA back in 86, but the police files are nowhere to be found:

Link

Curiouser and curiouser.

5. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Turns out she was also suspected but never charged in an attempted mail bombing in Massachusetts.

My alma mater, for what it's worth, though all the people involved in the shooting are well after my time.

6. macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

I was just about to post that.

Wonder where she got that idea...

7. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

Incidentally, the conclusion that this was over denial of tenure seems to have been premature. UAH has said her tenure denial happened last April and rejection of her appeal was settled months ago.

In that case it is still unknown what this actually was about, though given the personal history being assembled in the media it seems like it may simply have been crazytime.

8. macrumors 68020

kernkraft

That was just a chauvinistic and stupid statement.