Alarm clock for mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sunfast, Dec 30, 2005.

1. sunfast macrumors 68020

sunfast

Hello all

I was delighted to find I can tell my mac to go to sleep at a certain time and am now wafted to sleep myself by iTunes.

But as for waking it up? I've tried iRooster which I'm not very impressed with and certainly isn't worth the registration fee. Are there any other decent alarm clock programs that will fire up iTunes? Or can I do anything with applescript or automator or something like that?

Cheers!

Tim

2. .:*Robot Boy*:. macrumors 6502

I've found that PowerController does the trick. It is shareware, however, and I think you only get a 15 day trial period :eek:.

3. CorvusCamenarum macrumors 65816

CorvusCamenarum

Alarm Clock Pro works nicely too. You can find it through Versiontracker.

4. 840quadra Moderator

840quadra

Staff Member

What's wrong with iCal ?

Just tell it to open a file (music in this case) at a specific time and date.

You can set it to repeat daily, weekly or just quickly set an alarm before bed. Your recent files will be cached, so setting them again later should be quick and easy.

Attached Files:

5. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

6. jamesW135 macrumors 6502a

jamesW135

Macs do have an alarm clock in iCal. However the one on the older models was extreemly better. Ah I remember waking up to my 540c in the morning.

7. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

8. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

I use an alarm clock widget. It opens iTunes up and you can get it to select any of your playlists. The only thing is, I tried finding it on Apple's website, but i can't find it anywhere. :confused: Try googling maybe.

View attachment 38329

9. asherman13 macrumors 6502a

asherman13

10. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

11. JBot macrumors 6502

i use the free program powercontroller. I had alot of troubles however running the proper playlist. I have my entire music library on my desktop, than networked wirelessly to my powerbook. I tried using iCal, and it wouldnt want to play the desired playlist however, and with this new program, it works fine. I also have it at different times each day so i can have it set to my class times. Very happy.

12. bursty macrumors 6502a

bursty

I made something in Automator. I have my PB shut down at 3am and start back up at 8am. I made an Automator application that opens iTunes and plays a playlist and setthat application to start everytime I turn on my PB, which it does automatically every morning at 8am. :)