Alarm clock that utilizes the front row remote?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by redfire, Jul 6, 2006.

1. redfire macrumors member

Jun 30, 2006
    Hello, I'm a new mac user and in the past I have used my PC as an alarm clock, and now I want to use my mac for one instead.

First off if there are alarm clock programs out there, or something that would function as an alarm clock using a nifty OS X/iTunes trick (By the way preferably, I would like the alarm clock to play music from my library).

Ideally, the application would use the front row remote as a snooze button.

I've been spoiled by my PC ever since my old alarm clock stopped working correctly. It is also a lot better than an actual alarm clock, because I can set multiple alarms and different songs for different things.

Thanks for the help!

Oh by the way, would keeping my macbook awake for days at a time (screen would be off at night) be a bad thing?
    Edit: Duh. Just thought of something, there is probably a way to wake the computer up from sleep, will someone tell me how to do that?
  2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    You should be able to use iCal to set alarms linked to iTunes.

Don't know anything about the remote though...I'm stuck on remote-less notebooks for now.
  3. rspeaker macrumors 6502

Jan 1, 2006
  4. redfire thread starter macrumors member

Jun 30, 2006
    Thanks for the suggestions so far, also I don't mind spending a little bit of money on a program so if there are any really great shareware alarm clocks I'd like to see them as well. :)
  5. keithbennis macrumors regular

Feb 17, 2006
    Coral Springs

Yes, thank you. This alarm was what I was looking for as well.
  6. SPG macrumors 65816

Jul 24, 2001
    In the shadow of the Space Needle.
  7. redfire thread starter macrumors member

Jun 30, 2006
    Sorry, salling clicker isnt really what I'm looking for, but thanks anyway!
  8. Pittsax macrumors 6502

Dec 8, 2004
    Toronto, Ontario
    I'll cast another vote for this one as well. The play button on the remote acts as a snooze button (which I know all too well :rolleyes: )
  9. redfire thread starter macrumors member

Jun 30, 2006
    Hey guys, I finally got around to testing that Alarm Clock 2 program. It's almost perfect! There is just one issue that I have a problem with, I have my laptop set to require a password when it wakes from sleep, and I'm not sure why but when it is set this way it will go back to sleep in a minute or so. Is there any fix for this problem? (The lid is open by the way)
  10. blueflame macrumors 6502a

Apr 3, 2003
    Studio City
    alarm clock

ill post in my info, but the program iAlarm is really amazing, has all kinds of features, it does not work with the remote, but it is the best one out there in my opinion.
  11. TheFreshPrince macrumors member

Nov 21, 2005
    I had been wondering if there was something like this to help me wake up in the mornings, and it is perfect!!! Glad I saw this thread. :D Cheers