Alarm/Ringer & Headphones

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Krafty, Mar 31, 2009.

1. macrumors 601

Krafty

I honestly dont get this so maybe someone can shine some light on this:

When I go to class, I switch my alarm to silent and all, but if I have my headphones pulled in, and the volume on the iPod app is turned up, the ringer blasts through my headphone, so I have to turn the volume down.

However, if I do that, and turn it back to ring, then I have to raise the volume again. Today, I woke up 20 mins before my class because even though it was set to ring, I forgot to turn the volume up, so I couldnt hear it.

I wear behind-the-neck headphones on my neck so thats why I keep them connected. So is there anyways i avoid this dilemma again without having to remove my headphones all the time or alter the volume?

2. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Am I understanding this correctly? Your teacher lets you keep your headphones on while you are sitting in class?

Assuming I understood you correctly, seems to me you could just unplug your headphones from the iPhone?

3. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I don't understand why your asking a question about something totally irrelevant to my problem. Then again, I don't know to know why, I didn't ask for your opinion on what my teacher allows us to do.
    *facepalm*

4. macrumors G4

Night Spring

You are right, if it's all right with your teacher, it's none of my business.

Heh. I guess problem solved! :D

5. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

[​IMG]

Read my entire post this time. Twice. Actually 3 times, then respond. If not, dont.

6. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Well, I did read your post several times before I responded the first time, and I confess I don't understand your problem, so let's just forget it, shall we? Please do allow me to apologize for wasting your time.

7. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

See my point now?

8. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Aaaaah! I thought you meant you didn't want to take the headphones *off your neck*! :p

9. macrumors 68040

The Californian

On my phone there are different volume settings for when headphones are plugged in and when they aren't. Does yours not do this?

10. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I don't think so, when I unplug them (after turning them down), the volume stays down, hence why I didn't hear it.

I don't tbh. I wear them, but it doesnt mean I'm listening to it during class. Now that I read the bold red, I can see the miscommunication.

11. macrumors 68040

The Californian

Try turning your ringer all the way up, then pop in your headphones and tap the volume control down some. When I don't have headphones in and tap the volume control it says "ringer" but if I do the same WITH the headphones in it will say "ringer" and directly below it it said "(headphones)". I think you need to adjust it with NO media playing or you'll be toggling the media volume. - Eric

12. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

Just tried it, volume stays firm with headphones in and out, guess I'll just have to deal. Thanks for the help.

13. macrumors 68040

The Californian

[​IMG]http://m.Flickr.com/#/photos/36973276@n04/3403295577/sizes/m/[IMG]

I'm trying to post pictures from my iPhone but if they show up do you get these screens? - Eric

14. macrumors 68040

The Californian

Copy and paste would really come in handy here... I'll try again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

- Eric

15. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

16. macrumors 68040

The Californian

Cause on my phone I can set them independently. I can have the headphones set at half volume ( which I usually do ) and the main ringer set a full volume ( which I usually do ) and it will automatically change depending on if the headphones are plugged in or not. Does yours do that?

17. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

It does not. I put the ringer and full, plug in the phones, I see the "(headphones)," set it all the way down, and then unplug it, and I press up on the volume buttons and the ringer is set all the way down just like it was with the headphones plugged it.

18. macrumors 68040

The Californian

Sounds like an excuse for a new phone! If I remember correctly from a previous thread of yours didn't you just recently get a new one or weren't you trying to get a new one?

19. thread starter macrumors 601

Krafty

I got it from someone off Craigslist and its a 2G. AT&T swore they never sold refurbs in-store, they wanted to force me on the iPhone plan through their site, and BB sold refurb +$50 + having to sign a new contract.

There's just no way to upgrade to an iPhone only.