Albany, NY. Apple Store Crossgates

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by mattroman246, Jun 15, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

mattroman246

anyone else?

2. macrumors member

I'll be there. I got my confirmation e-mail yesterday after using the Apple Store App. I called the store about 11:00 today and they said if I have a confirmation e-mail that I will have a phone.

What time are people planning to go to the store? Last time I got an iPhone it was the 3G and I dont think they were open at 7:00 like this time around. I highly doubt I will make it there before 6:00am as I am planning on hitting Mahars Wed. night before the launch since I took thursday off from work. I am hoping I can get around activating in store to avoid repeating the crazy iPockalypse of the 3G launch.

Now to figure out where to get coffee in Albany before 6:00am.

3. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

I'm in! Store opens at 7am EST. I will be there sometime before that.

4. macrumors 6502

What time does Crossgates (not the Apple Store) open?

5. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

Actually, I was informed that they NEVER lock the doors! The elderly start walking the mall at 4:30 am, so I'm not sure how excited Mall Security is about people showing up before then.

I have a 'reservation,' so I will arrive early, but I'm not sure how early...

6. macrumors newbie

I'm planning to be there around 7 for my reserved 32gb iPhone 4. Looking forward to the new toy! Sounds great but wish it was 64gb!

7. macrumors newbie

Arriving Late

I can't drop my kids off at daycare until 7am in Clifton Park then I will be down for my reserved 32gb.

8. macrumors 6502

Not intended to be rude, but where did you get that info? Was the source reliable?

Are Cap. District people likely to camp out the night before?

BTW, I have a reserved 32 gb, too. I'll bring the donuts.

9. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

The front desk guy at Bally's Total Fitness. All I know for certain is the 4:30am for the morning walkers. I have no idea how busy it will be. I am not planning on camping out, but since by Thursday, I will have been iPhone-less for 7 days (sold it), I doubt I will be able to sleep anyway. I usually wake up around 4:30am anyway (not on purpose), so I might just get up and hop in the car.

See you there!

10. macrumors newbie

Times

I heard that the line for the iPad launch was really long by 6am so I was thinking about getting there between 2 and 3 am, does anyone know what door gets opened first at the mall?

11. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

Again: THE DOORS DO NOT LOCK! I have verified this by multiple sources. The only question is will security let you in before 4:30AM.

12. macrumors newbie

i bought iphone 3gs last year and was first in the pre order line at cross gates.. yes they do open for mall walkers however they will kick you out that day.. I entered at 4:30 but was told to leave.. I also was told that if i were to come back before 6 that I would be allowed back.. Just thought Id give everyone the heads up.. Id hate for ya not to beable to get one. The cross gates mall "cops" are a pain..

13. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

Things have changed since then. I have been informed by Bally's employees, whom I know to be reliable, that people enter the mall at 4:30AM to walk. They are senior citizens and do not get kicked out. I am not sure how motivated I am to enter that early. Exactly what time did you arrive to be first? I have also have a reservation.

14. macrumors newbie

What i am saying is that mall security knows the difference between mall walkers and people who want iphones.. The reason why they dont let people in early is because they have to have a police officer there just in case something happens.. apple does not have an officer there untill around 6 ish.. ive done this 3 years in a row and have been able to get an iphone each year. the reason i go to crossgates is because of this policy. It does not require staying all night like some locations do. Show up at 6 and you will be fine.. go earlier and you risk the getting kicked out. IF you do go earlier just stay outside untill its safe to enter.. im not going this year because i preordered online and am having phone shipped to the house.. So its not like im trying to keep people from going.. Im just saying its a waste of time to go earlier than that..

15. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

Very Cool. Thanks for the heads up! I didn't want to get up too early. Maybe I'll go for a walk with them...

16. macrumors newbie

ugh

this already all makes me want to throw up, everywhere.

so is the conclusion that being there at 6am is fine? I have a so-called "reservation" ... and I want my effing phone! :)

17. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

That's when I am showing up. I will ask Mall Security and post their answer.

18. macrumors newbie

THANK YOU!!!!!!! :p

19. thread starter macrumors 6502

mattroman246

I'm not too concerned having the reservation, see you guy there bright and early at 6:00!

20. macrumors 6502

Any advise on when to get there if we don't have a reservation? I dont really understand the whole "reservation" concept... but since we don't have one are we unlikely to even get one if we don't have a reservation?

21. macrumors 6502a

I'm in the same boat. Any one know what kind of supply they are going to have for people who didn't reserve one?

22. macrumors newbie

maybe (another) dumb question...

... but where is this lovely line going to form at the crack of dawn on Thursday? Outside the main entrance across from apple, I presume?

see you all there :D

23. macrumors 68020

jbachandouris

According to Crossgates Mall Security, 5AM is the earliest they will allow anyone to stand outside the Apple Store.

24. macrumors 6502

Good to know about security when my husband called they said fheyll have to check with the supervisor. My husband also called the apple store to ask when they expect people to start lining up and they said 6PM the night before!! Somehow I don't see that happening and if it does (dare I say it) it's really not that worth it.... I'd rather just have him order one that I'll get mid-July... So I think he's planning on getting there about 5am or so (oh if only he had ore ordered like I told him to he could sleep in ;) )

25. macrumors newbie

just for some clarification, i talked to the people at the apple store and they said that anyone with a reservation will indeed be a garunteed their phone, as long as they are there before the time in the email. If there was no time to be there by, then you have all day thursday apparently.