AlBhed-English Translator and vise-versa

Discussion in 'Games' started by Soulstorm, Nov 16, 2006.

1. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

I've made a small application using Cocoa Bindings and I am hosting it to my site. It's an alBhed-English Translator. It does exactly what the name implies (and vise-versa).

[​IMG]

I am hosting it to my site (see my signature) and the direct download link is here

I made this program for a friend, but then I thought this would prove useful to anyone playing FFX and can't use a translator on a PC. I have made many more applications, just thought I should mention only the one that would appeal in the eyes of this forum's users.

Tell me what you think (but, be gentle :) )...

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

pretty dumb question, what is AlBhed ? At first glance i assumed arab, but obviosuly its not :eek: So what is it from ?

3. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Just googled it. It's "al Bhed" and from what I can tell it's some "race" from that Final Fantasy game.

4. NewbieNerd macrumors 6502a

NewbieNerd

Heh, yeah, the Al Bhed is a group (better word?) of people in FF X. You begin the game not being able to understand anything they say, but as you find books throughout the game you eventually are able to translate it. There's nothing complicated about it, as it's just a letter-for-letter remapping of words. For example, w in English maps to f in AlBhed and e in English maps to a in AlBhed, so we in English is fa in AlBhed (I'm just taking this from the OP's example...I don't actually have it memorized, lol).

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

;) sure and I bet you dont know any Klingon too :p :D :)

6. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

What about Java Script?

[​IMG]

7. Soulstorm thread starter macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

Al Bhed are a race in Final Fantasy X and later games. A friend asked me to make a translator of their language so that he can read what the AlBhed say without having to memorize the alphabet or search for every dictionary inside the game.