ALBIS vocabulary learning tool

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Macaddicttt, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Has anyone seen this before?

ALBIS

It's a foreign language memorization tool. Has anyone tried it before? It's pretty cool, although it does seem to make interesting choices as to what words are important for you to learn. So far I've gotten all the way to level 8 with Norwegian in the past two days, just doing it casually. I'm interested to see what the words are like at the higher levels. So far I've just gotten pretty basic nouns and adjectives.

Try it out. It's kind of fun.

2. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Nice! Thank you very much for pointing this out!

I'm currently learning German, and this is definitely going to make it a lot easier to get through.

I am in your debt, sir. :D

3. elfin buddy macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

Wow, I just glanced at the stats for ALBIS...it looks as if only a handful of people have ever used it, but about half of them actually got through all 75 lessons.

Where did you hear about this? Do you know the people who created it or something?

4. Macaddicttt thread starter macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

Actually, I was looking at the Norwegian language page on Wikipedia, and there was a link to it on the bottom. I guess whoever made it isn't too good at getting the word out...

5. cknudson37 macrumors newbie

Yeah I have it bookmarked on my toolbar at home. I'm currently learning Norwegian as well, which my boyfriend finds stupid... but its a big part of my genetic makeup (haha) so I thought it'd be interesting to learn. I'm also probably going to do a lot of them, like (more) German, Spanish, Danish, French, and Italian... who knows what else. It's really fun and very helpful :)

6. eMac4ever macrumors regular

eMac4ever

This is really helpful and actually easy. I'm using it for Dutch, currently.

7. Tarakan macrumors newbie

I prefer to use Internet Polyglot - more languages, more pictures and even sounds. It is free too. :)