AlBook 17" and Other Things

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by xparaparafreakx, Oct 26, 2005.

1. xparaparafreakx macrumors 65816

Well this year in high school, seniors are getting Laptops from their parents for college. These people are bashing me about how their laptop is this and that. One has a remote control and the other has a loud speaker. They compair their new laptops to my old TiBook 1Ghz and talk ***** about macs.

Should I buy a AlBook 17" to show them how good mac's are?
    What can I do about the speaker?

I have an idea about the remote control already, bluetooth cell phone.
    I have the money but I want to save it towards a PowerMac and 30" monitor at the end of my freshmen year in college. BTW I am not a spoiled little brat, it takes me about 2-3 years to save up toward getting a loaded Mac ($3,000) if I get money off my lil bro too.

2. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

If? Just beat him up already. :D

3. ipacmm macrumors 65816

ipacmm

I would get the 17" powerbook and when you can afford the 30" display, I would buy it and connect it to your powerbook. Then once you save up for the PowerMac, I would then connect it to the display and sell the PB.

4. xparaparafreakx thread starter macrumors 65816

We combine our money to get all the nice apple stuff. Example: Last year his AlBook 15" came from both me and him saving up.

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

THe 17" is a nice desktop replacement machine as an alternative to a Mini, but an awkward portable. The AlBook 15" is still the sweet spot.