AlBook Physical Care

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by StarbucksSam, May 11, 2005.

1. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

I am obsessive about caring for my things well, and my new PowerBook will be no exception. I have noticed that while there aren't SCRATCHES that appear... the surface gets blemished... but can be sort of cleaned... it's odd and I can't describe it.

I know they make stuff to clean iBooks - do they have anything for AlBooks? Also, what is the best thing to use to clean the screen?

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i just use a slightly damp cloth to clean mine as per Apple's instructions, works effectively and is simple enough

3. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

Works great for mine too.

4. tekmoe macrumors 68000

yeah, wet rag will clean those blemishes right off. i bought a bottle of iKlear. it's kind of like a wax i guess. it helps keep the blemishes from forming in the first place. i apply it on a weekly basis. i am probably just as obsessive as you are about keeping the powerbook looking like it just came out of the box. and believe me...it does.

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

6. Steven1621 macrumors 6502a

Steven1621

I do as well. It can be a bit pricey, but compared to the cost of a PB, it is a worthwhile expense. They have it at the Apple Store.

7. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I love iKlear! I got a bottle of it from Fry's for $10. I've used it religiously for about 6 months and I still have over half the bottle. :D VERY AWESOME STUFF!

/shiniest iPod and PowerBook on the street

8. blackpeter macrumors 6502a

iKlear.

Buy the $25 bottle from the Apple Store. It includes a micro-fiber cloth for use with the LCD. It'll keep your display in tip-top and the blemishes off the exterior.

9. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Well we have overwhelmingly established iKlear as an effective solution - therefore I feel compelled to pick up a bottle when I am in King of Prussia this weekend - it's just an excuse to drop in to the Apple Store.

Thank you for your answers. That was great.

P.S. How about the screen?

10. mobi macrumors 6502

mobi

iKlear is a must. Got all my cleaning goodies at ShaggyMac. Good selection & fast service.

11. capone2 macrumors regular

i use Monster ??

all over my PB !! its also really good !

The same people who make the cables and stuff! It also comes with a microfiber cloth and a nice size bottle! for 20 bucks from Radio Shack and another very funny thing the 17pb is on the cover of the package!! :cool:

PB 17" 1.5 GHZ/1GBRAM

12. capone2 macrumors regular

I use Monster ?

all over my PB !! its also really good !

The same people who make the cables and stuff! It also comes with a microfiber cloth and a nice size bottle! for 20 bucks from Radio Shack and another very funny thing the 17pb is on the cover of the package!! :cool:

PB 17" 1.5 GHZ/1GBRAM

13. StarbucksSam thread starter macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

Should I buy the kit or the bottle? What comes in the kit besides the bottle?

14. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

While this topic is open, what are people using to clean the keyboard, and the dust that gets underneath? Is compressed air good or bad?

15. capone2 macrumors regular

get the kit first......

because you will get the cloth with it, and will always have it!!