Album Art and iTunes

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Rapmastac1, Jan 16, 2007.

1. Rapmastac1 macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Ok, so after losing all my songs on my backup drive, I am forced to redownload them, thank goodness I still have the playlist that has all the songs so I don't have to guess around. Well this time, i am downloading the songs one at a time and making sure the track information is correct, using the iTunes store and Amazon.com.

On my journey I have discovered album art and how cool it is. My question is, is there any way to get the ablum art that you get (when you right click and click, Get Album Art) to go into the music file instead of jus the picture in iTunes, cuz I would like these to show up on my PDA and stuff. I have gone to Amazon and gotten some that iTunes didn't have and I can copy and paste it via itunes and it works just fine, but I don't like the low quality ones on Amazon.

Can anyone help me out with this. Basically I want to take the album art that itunes downloads and make it a permanent part of the song, without having to go and open photoshop and doing a print screen and all that stuff.

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I don't know the answer to your question, but google is a good solution, but make sure you choose a pic over 250x250 and with square dimensions...no photoshop needed...

3. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

Yeah, that is the big problem is the pictures aren't very high quality from google and amazon. But I did find an effecient workflow. What you do is make sure the song info is correct, and get the album art. Then you download this program called M8Clips, it's a clipboard utility that lets you edit pictures on ur clibpboard, and it keeps them for a long time, it can keep over 30 things in the "ram".

So, you play the song and click on the preview for the album art, then you would rite click the picture and click on "Actual Size". Now, you will press (Windows is what I'm working on here, so bear with me) you would click ALT+PRNTSCRN. It will take a snapshot of the window with the album art. Then you open up M8Clips and edit the picture, you jus select crop, drop the edges so the art is all that is left, and save it as a high quality JPG. Bam, ur done. Now all you gotta do is drag that album art into the preview in itunes, and now it's on ur MP3 file. If you don't know how to edit the tag info outside of iTunes, download a program called "Audioshell" it's sweet, I have been using it for 2 years now.

4. ForeverUnknown macrumors regular

5. Rapmastac1 thread starter macrumors 65816

Rapmastac1

I found a much easier way now.

You get the ablum art downloaded, then you copy and paste it (through the preview on the lower left of itunes) to ur desktop. Then you clear the album art to the song, then you drag that copy and pasted art, and then you have the full glory high quality album art permanently on ur song. It's really easy.

6. nordesmic macrumors member

I know this isn't exactly what you are after but i thought I'd mention it anyway. There is a really good application called 'Fetch Art' that automatically gets all the album art for you. I think it gets it from Amazon.

I let it do 200 songs and it only got one or two albums wrong. Now I'm doing the other 2000 songs. The quality may be the best, but if you just want the picture- this is one great little piece of free software.

Actually the quality is not too bad at all at about 400 * 400.

7. Meatball macrumors regular

Yes you can apply the album art directly to the file in iTunes itself :)

In Windows (I'm sure you can adjust the instructions so they're mac friendly)
    1) Play the track and right click inside the album art field and copy the album art
    [​IMG]
    2) Highlight the entire album by clicking on the first tracking and holding down the shift key click on the last track, the should now be highlighed blue
    3) Right click inside this area and press "get info". It may sure "are you sure you wont to edit multiple items?" click yes :)
    [​IMG]
    4) Click in the artwork field and right click inside the white area and click "paste" After you've pasted the image click ok and iTunes will embed the artwork
    [​IMG]

8. Chrismcfall macrumors 6502

Or, you could select all the songs, (Ctrl Click for me in windows), then drag the album artwork into the bottom left?